Return to School
Hybrid A Day and B Day Cohorts
- The A Day Cohort consists of students with the last names A – K.
- The B Day Cohort consists of students with the last names L – Z.
This is the time to pick up schedules, pay fees, get a parking spot, and more. Friday, Monday, and Wednesday are for students coming on the hybrid model (A-Day/B-Day) ONLY. All virtual students will come on Thursday, 8/20.
Friday, August 14 – social distancing and mask/face coverings required
- 9:00am – 3:30pm Seniors (come through after you take your senior photos)
Monday, August 17 – social distancing and mask/face coverings required
- 9:00am – 10:30am Juniors
- 11:00am – 12:30pm Sophomores
- 1:00pm – 3:30pm Freshmen
Wednesday, August 19 – social distancing and mask/face coverings required
- 9:00am – 10:30am 8th Grade
- 11:00am – 12:30pm 7th Grade
- 1:00pm – 3:30pm 6th Grade
Thursday, August 20 – social distancing and mask/face coverings required
- 9:00am – 3:30pm All students attending the virtual academy
Additional School Supply Needs for the School Year
In addition to the standard school supply lists (found by clicking here) all students (virtual and hybrid A/B) are encouraged to have a laptop (or similar device) with speakers, a microphone, and a webcam. (Most newer devices have these built in).
Some items that might be helpful for your student to have:
- Personal stapler
- Personal hole puncher
- Tape with dispenser
- Post-it notes
- White Out
- Flash Drive
This year’s bell schedules can be found by clicking here.
Start of School
- NETC Dual Credit Students will begin their courses on Monday, August 17.
- The first day for A-Day students is Monday, August 24.
- The first day for B-Day students is Tuesday, August 25.
- Virtual Academy assessment/orientation/device distribution will take place August 24 – September 4.
Mask/Face Covering Policy
- Students must wear face masks at ALL times except when sitting down (socially distanced) in classrooms to learn.
- Masks must be worn on buses, during class changes, while going to bathroom or the office. Masks are also required in hallways, moving around campus, and in common areas.
- Once a student is seated in a class for learning they may take them off as long as they are properly distanced.
Parking passes are $10 each. Register for your pass online by clicking here and pay when you arrive for registration. Parking spots are given out on a first-come/first-serve basis.
In addition to regular, rigorous cleaning, the school district has purchased a special sanitizing spray that will be applied throughout the school several times each day.
Virtual Academy Details
Chesterfield County School District will release more information about the Virtual Academy soon.
LEAP Week for Grades 6, 7, and 8
LEAP Week is August 24 – August 28 for grades 6, 7, and 8. A-Day/B-Day students should plan to report to school on their designated days. Virtual students will also be assessed during this time. More information on how this will work will be sent in the next few days.
Mrs. Griggs will only be handling emergency schedule changes via email this year. You may email her directly: LSGriggs@chesterfieldschools.org.
Open House/Meet the Teacher
There is no open house/meet the teacher night planned for this year.
New Student Enrollment
New student enrollment paperwork may be picked up/dropped off between the hours of 2:00pm and 4:00pm, Monday – Thursday.